Tuesday, April 17, 2012

CUNY Launches Investigation into Allegations of Discrimination at Brooklyn College

Late last week I received a letter from Chancellor Matthew Goldstein explaining that The City University of New York was looking into the recent allegations that were made against Provost William A. Tramontano by senior members of Brooklyn College’s staff. Chancellor Goldstein’s letter noted that Frederick Schaffer, Senior Vice Chancellor for Legal Affairs and CUNY general counsel, had been asked to oversee the review of these allegations; that Mr. Schaffer would be doing so together with Bettina Plevan, a partner of the law firm Proskauer Rose LLP’s labor and employment law department and co-head of both its international labor and employment group and class/collective action groups.

This morning, I also spoke with Chancellor Goldstein who assured me that this will be a comprehensive investigation.

I’ve known Chancellor Goldstein for many years and take him at his word.

Of course I will certainly continue to follow and report on this investigation. My fellow legislators and I are looking forward to CUNY’s report.

No comments:

Post a Comment